Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thoughts!

As I am typing this, I should be sleeping! It is late and I have a long day ahead of me but instead I am blogging! I am attempting to use this space to sort out my thoughts at the moments. The emotions that are forever changing and seem to explode at all the wrong times! I joke with Alicia that I will be calling her once we reach home when I am having a break down in the middle of Target, but for now I am fighting back tears and trying to enjoy enough the slightest moment. It is this really messy joyous time for me. It saddens me to leave my second home, a place I seem to fit into like a glove not knowing when I will be returning. The comments are are no long “ you are leaving in a while or plenty time” but rather they have turned to 'Just now you leaving!” It is reality as I clean up my house, give stuff to other PCVs and organizations.

I have a box which I put my cards in that have falling off the wall, letters from my sister, and other little things which will help to trigger my memory of events I attended while in Dominica. Do not ask why but tonight I wanted to go through the box and clean it out a little if you will. In between the tears there was laughter, moments of aww, and huge smiles caused by the memories of the past 2 years. The box is truly LOVE. It is in the rawest and purest form. The notes of encouragement, the random notes from friends and family to say I love you, pictures colored by my Boo-Bear, and the cards. It is all love!

Now I must ask my self, how do I say Thank You! Those two words and eight letters do not seem to be enough for the amount of love, support, and encouragement I received during these two years (and my life). I say Thank You but also want to share all of my success stories with you because in one way or another YOU are part of those success stories! YOU have created JOY and Smiles for children who have never met you but know that they are loved by YOU! My life has been filled in a tremendous way because of my determination and YOU allowing me to spread my wings and fly!

No comments: