 |
| My Host Mom |
 |
| My Volleyball Girls |
FAMILY, it is such a strong word with an enormous amount of meaning and emotion. But really what does Family mean, who is the one that defines it, who was the one who put such a powerful word in such a small box. That 'who' is society that told told all us who we should and should not define as Family. I am about to break the intense word out of its box and define 'Family' in my own terms.
 |
| My Denver Family |
I am beyond blessed with the amount of family I have. Now, I am not talking just about my blood family who I love to death and am continually amazed by the support and joy they bring me on every day. I have family in two different countries, a handful of States, and a few cities in Michigan.
 |
| My Rocks in Denver |
 |
| PC Lovie |
How does this all work, I will tell you how I define family! It is simple! Family to me is a place or group of people I can surrounded myself by and feel love/support, share a meal, and have a place to sleep! Basically, my basic needs will be met when I am with them. I know it sounds simply and I may be selling myself short but I find I am doing the complete opposite. I am enriching my life with individuals I CHOSE to be around, who always have my best interest in mind, give me an ear to listen, and joy to share.
That is my family, near and far I will always have family close!
No comments:
Post a Comment