![]() |
| I googled 'Rejection' and this image came up! Seems pretty hopeful to me! |
Yes, rejection, such an awful word but goes hand in hand when you are applying for careers. I have applied for 50 plus careers and I normally receive 2-4 rejection letters a week. With that being said, I have been fortunate to be interviewing about 1 time a week. I also feel blessed for the opportunities that have been placed in front of me and that I have only been at this for about 3 months compared to some of my classmates who are still looking for a career almost 9 months after graduation.
However, rejection has had some surprising positive outcomes. Rejection has brought me closer to God and stronger/more persistent in my prayers. I quickly learned through the application process, I had little to no control over this process (or really anything in my life). The more I prayed, pleaded, cried out, and praised God, the more I felt at ease. I need to side not: Somedays I take 4 steps towards trusting in God and other days I take about 8 steps back and think I can control all outcomes. With any relationship, this one will take time and the very patient and loving God will continue to work with me. There is a sense of ease when my heart can truly relax knowing God's Will will be done and he has bigger plans for me then I can every imagine. Everyday I work on this and I pray through my anxious stomach, my heartache, my joy, and give him all my concerns knowing he has my back.
You keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. - Isaiah 26:3
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:3-4

No comments:
Post a Comment