I have been really bad since I got back from visiting my family last week but when I got to Dominica, I was in full swing! I was trying to get things back together and my schedule redeveloped! I was excited to be welcomed on Monday by ten new and amazing volunteers who will be joining the seven other volunteers on our journey! They all seem very grounded, enjoying the moments, and taking life with stride. I look forward to getting to know them better, working on projects with them, and having some ‘free-up’ time with them. In addition to that, Peace Corps Awareness Day is March 1st, so ALL of the volunteers are getting some items together for that. We are going to display the projects we are working on now, past volunteers, games for the students, information for the adults, and trivia games for all! I am excited for the day but do not personally feel prepared for it. As I get back into the swing of things I will become more relaxed. I am grateful to be busy because it helps with the transition of being with my family to not being with my family!
Talking about the Family, I will break down the week in St. Lucia, the best I can remember!
Saturday- I arrived much earlier then the family! I hung out at the resort for a while then I had a GREAT idea (that did not turn out very great!) I made my family a sign and was going to meet them at the airport… as I arrived at the airport I was only met by many individuals telling me that the flight was delayed. No worries, I went back to the hotel. The family got to the hotel about 2 hours later and as I was walking back to my room to get ready to go back to the airport I was only GREETED by a very wet Austin and my Wonderful Dad! Then I met with my Mother and My sister who were in the lobby waiting for me! To my surprise, I see my Aunt and Uncle, then a young lady who looked very similar to my Cousin, Sammy, oOo.. Wait it WAS HER! That sassy girl surprised me and I was SOO EXICTED!!
No comments:
Post a Comment