Thursday, July 15, 2010

We All Have To Wait!




Today at camp, I walked with the eight and nine year old students to the Dominica Broadcasting Station (DBS- The Local Radio Station) to tour the studio and go on the air. We did not go on the air because they were broadcasting live. Regardless it was a good time for all.

An unique thing happened while we were walking there. I was leading the group down the street and we had to cross an intersection. Not thinking much of it, I stopped the car so my students could cross safely. I looked at the car, a big Black SUV, tinted windows, and a 'G' license plate which means it is a government vehicle. Still not thinking much of it, as I crossed the street and safe on the other side, the women looks at me and says "You know you just stopped the Prime Ministry's Car!" I smiled and moved on thinking about the power I had! Also, a moment of, this is similar to stopping the President Obama Caravan, which would never happen!

1 comment:

gjmj4 said...

WOW, you really do have a lot of "pull" in Dominica. Way to go!!

Just another example that everyone is equal whether they want to think so or not.