This past weekend myself, Alicia (A PCV), Alex (A PCV- from the new group) and her youth group all came down to the center of the island into the rain forest to do a hiking challenge!
Check out this article to read more about the Waitukubuli National Trail and event!
There was four different events going on
1. The Iron Man- It was a race that spread through the whole trail- Teams of two- One male and one female with one being over 30 years!
2. Fun Challenge- What I did! Teams of five with two individuals being over 40. We had the most diverse group! A 58 year old, an 8 year old, two Americans, two Dominicans from one village and one Dominican from other village!
3. A Photography Competition
4. A fun little thing for the children! (I cannot remember the name!)
I had such a great time and our team did well! We finished the challenge in about 1.5 hours and I was so proud of our 8 year old! He did AMAZING! Not once did he complain and he rocked it up the steep mountain better then I did!
Check back to hear more about the challenge and the place we got...
No comments:
Post a Comment