Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hike I Hiking (Part One!)



I have been hiking (or trying to) more often. It has been easier in the last month or so because there have been friends of friends visiting who wanted to hike. I have had many opportunities to hike with them.




As mentioned before Dominica is building a National Trail which goes from the southern most point to the northern most part and in the dense rain forest. It has fourteen different segments and I have done about four. The Dominica Waitukubuli National Trail could be an amazing tourist asset for back packers, individuals who the hikers go through their villages, and Dominica in a whole!




Julie, Mary, and I all decided to go hiking! We did Segment 3 which passes RIGHT through my village and ends at the Sulfur Hot Springs. It took us about five hours at a steady pass and a stop at my house for lunch! There was slippery spots where tree saved us for falling and a part we almost got lost!

No comments: