Monday, October 10, 2011

What a Day!

Mike (Friend), Allie, Nate, Me
29 September 2011 will be a day that will forever carry a special place in my heart! On that day I was giving the opportunity to welcome home a solider who had spent 13 months serving our country.  I was able to join hundreds of individuals; families, friends, and even strangers of these soldiers to Welcome them Home! I was honored to see families re-unit, children over joyed to see their mom or dad, and fathers meeting their son or daughter for the first time.

Gymnasium with families to the left

What makes this moment even greater is I never met Nate before this day but I knew his cousin.  His cousin, Allie and I were talking and she was telling me about how he was coming home without anyone to greet him.  Being the individual that I am, I could not allow that and right away told her I WAS going with her.

Soldiers when they first walked in
Allie and I met up with one of Nate's Army friends before Nate came into the gymnasium where all the families were waiting.  Nate's friend just keep laughing at me as I was over joyed and excited to welcome home a man that I have never met but because of him and the millions of other individuals I can walk down the street and not fear.


Have you Thanked a Solider today?

No comments: