Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day #1: Blizzard Hike


Sunday late morning, my girls and I piled in the car to head on our journey! We decided to stop in the South of CO to hike and stay for the night.  After about 3 hours of driving we stop to hike Hanging Lake.  As we got out of the car, we felt it was cold but did not realize what we were about to get ourselves into.



 It was about 1.2 mile hike each way, no big deal at all.  We were about 3/4 miles into the hike and it started to thunder.  After the thunder came rain.  After the rain came hail.  And finally after the hail came snow and wind.  It was COLD.  Our poor fingers were very cold after the hike to say the least.  We are brave and strong ladies so we made to the hanging lake.



Wondering about the 'falls' I mentioned in the first blog.  This girl fell twice while hiking.  The first fall I had, there was no injury! I ended up slipping, rolling over, and landing on my stomach while stopping myself from falling down the hill.  I hear it was graceful.  I am thankful for my volleyball rolling skills and my gymnastic genes. During the same hike, I had another fall where I ended up falling right on my bottom and hiking my tail bone pretty bad! I survived! :)

Hanging Lake
Stay Tuned for Day #2!

No comments: