Saturday, September 15, 2012

Picturesque Moments

-A Disclaimer: These views reflect my personal views and NOT the views of the Peace Corps-



On September 6th, my friend come over because he stressed out about a report he had to do for his career so he texted me and asked what was on the Stove.  A common questions people ask in the Caribbean because traditionally there is usually something on the stove to eat.  Lucky for him I actually cooked that evening.  Anyways, he came over, ate a little food, and chat for while.  As we were flipping through the channels we came across the Democratic National Convention. We were watching some of it while watching other things and then President Obama came on to give his speak.  At that moment, my friend had called a Taxi Driver to come and pick him up.  He now wanted to stay and watch the speak, so I told him to invite the Taxi driver over (My friend knows him well) and we will all watch the speak then he can head home.

There is this 'Picturesque' moment I will never forget.  Myself, my friend who is originally from Trinidad, and the Taxi Driver who is from Dominica are all sitting on the edge of the couch, sipping our hot chocolate and totally engulfed in the speak.  That moment, three different people, from three different worlds, that grown up in three different generations, were all just focused on the TV.  It was a sweet moment.  My favorite, after the speak, the Taxi Driver who appears to be in his 60s, "Ask, my friend are there, I cannot seem to find them!" I replay with a, "You will not find your friends!" He says, "My friends, the Clinton!" :)

Thank You President Obama for bring us together, squeezing us on a couch, and allowing us to share our experiences and views about what you were saying! 

No comments: