Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remember 9/11


I was enjoying a beach Lime this weekend with some friends of mine.  We were just hanging out in the water chatting about non-sense.  I do not know how the topic came up but one of the guys brought up September 11th. Let me tell you, all of the individuals I was talking with are from Barbados and living in Antigua.  Then we all shared where we were during the time when the planes had crashed and the memories for all of us were so vivid.

It was a unique experience and reminded me that September 11th did not only effect Americans but other individuals throughout the world.  These three individuals experienced September 11th just like I did, even thought they were in a different country.  It reminds me how life is not about living in a vacuum but rather each experience can effect a large amount of individuals throughout the world. Large events (sports, politics, natural disasters) effect people even if they were not directly impacted by it.  

Remember 9/11 - Thank A Solider, A Fire Fighter, A Nurse, A Police Officer, A Red Cross Worker - Be Grateful 

No comments: