[I wrote this on a piece of paper about a week ago and now I am putting it on the blog]
I am currently sitting int he Antigua Airport. My toes feel like they did when I use to wear flip flops in a dusty of snow. I am no where near snow rather the freezing airport. The whole airport is drinking coffee. I am waiting for my flight to Barbados which means I am one step closer to seeing the family! (By the time this is posted I have already seen the family! :) )
As I was walking around the new shop at the airport I saw an US Weekly Magazine and one with the Mom who had a bunch of babies and is on welfare! It was about how she lost all of her baby weight! I cannot reminder the last time I have seen a "Trashy" magazine (More then likely about 6 months when Beth Sent me one!) I have to admit I was temped to buy one- then I looked at the price- $7US which is $21EC! Then I thought what I could buy for $21EC and put the Magazine down ASAP!
There is more to this then just telling you about the price. when I first came to Dominica I would convert everything to US dollars but now it is the other way around. I guess I am integrated/well adjusted/Dominica! Moments like the above are fun because I can see the change in me, the adjustments I have made, How Dominica is more then a place I stay but it is the life I live, the place I love to live (most days!)
Side Bar- There is a 'Baby face' gentleman with grey hair that was just smiling at his lap top. I am hoping he was reading an amazing e-mail from a nearest and dearest of his. I could not help but stare at him! :)
1 comment:
that is so funny about the mag- her name is octomom, welcome to 2010 Michelle! Anyway, at UVF, People was 9.00!!!
Post a Comment