It is almost Thanksgiving! Similar to last year all of the PCVs are getting together to have Thanksgiving! In good old fashion Thanksgiving style it will be one big pot luck with all the volunteers bringing their favorite dish!
This year I am feeling brave and decided to make a Pumpkin Pie! Ladies and gentleman, this is no normal Pumpkin Pie, but as natural as you can get! I will be making the crust from scratch and pumpkin pie filling from a locally grown pumpkin! No canned pumpkin for this girl! But I do have to say, I have a little help on my side! My neighbor who is the head baker at the local restaurant is going to guide me because my two experiences with pumpkin where not the best!
Tonight, I made the crust and it chilling in the fridge as I type! And tomorrow, we will be making the filling and baking the pie! Wish me luck!! Pictures of the final product to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment