Friday, September 23, 2011

Bittersweet!



As many of you know I am now living in Denver. I am getting my Masters in Social Work out there and so far so good. I see the mountians every morning and it reminds me of Dominica, I have a core group of social work friends, I am part of the volleyball community and I have been adopted by a Peace Corps volunteer family. Life is truly good.

Why bittersweet you ask? Well, currently I am typing this on my laptop in a plane 30,000 in the air,cool huh? I have two amazing worlds I live in all the time, the life in Michigan (where I was born and raised) and the life in Colorado (where I am now developing). It is always bittersweet to leave Michigan. For the last 10 days I have been filled with so much joy, activities, laughter, time to relax, naps on my fav couches, cuddle time with McKenna, and play time with Austin. It has been amazing but it is time to go back to CO and I am ready. I have learned something about myself, I am a woman of routine, even though I like to move and shake, I need my feet planted.

It is bitter sweet because once again I am leaving my lovies, I become Skype Chucky to my Austin and McKenna, phone calls to my best friend, and a distance relative. I have chosen this life style and my family supports it but it still carries a bittersweet feeling every time I have to leave MI to go back to CO!

1 comment:

Jen Holt said...

Welcome Back to the Blog World!! I missed your entires!!! LOVE you lots and lots, Mom xoxo