This above pictures just makes me smile on many different levels. I do believe I was born to save the world, it is as simple as that! Many of you may be overwhelmed by the thoughts of saving the world but not me. I am not overwhelmed because I believe I can save the world with small acts of kindness.
I am a Social Worker. Every day while I am at my internship or volunteering, I am working with individuals to help them see how they are strong enough to overcome the situation they have find themselves in. I sit with individuals and listen to their hardness, their goals, and sometimes while tears run down their faces.
But somedays I am able to save the world by a simple gesture of a granola bar and gatorade. Let me explain. I had to go to the health center to get a TB test. After, I am walking down the stairs to find a girl sitting there. I ask her if she is OK and she simple answers "I am dizzy." I sit with for a little while and we walk down the stairs. Once we reach the main area she sits down again because she is dizzy. Naturally, the first time thing I think of is she needs food. I offer to get her some food and run to get her a granola bar and gatorade. When I return, I am greeted with a smile that expresses gratitude for my gesture and she informs me if she seems me again she will return the favor. I simply tell her, "Pay it forward to someone you see that needs a little help."
Even small gestures can save that save the world. Never pass the opportunity to bring a smile or show kindness to a stranger!

No comments:
Post a Comment