Sunday, July 29, 2012

It is Official!

Myself, Alli, Brekke, Linda
I am now officially a Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV). Those three other amazing individuals will be doing great work on two different islands.  This time around was a little different.  Our training was a day and half compared to 2 months and there are higher expectations that we as PCRV will take this experience and run with it.  I am also extremely honored to Swear-In as a volunteer.  There is sense of honor, obligation, and pride I feel knowing I am about to step into this new country and make an impact.  The impact may be small or maybe large but it will be an impact none the less. 


 I have not yet met my counterpart but will be doing that on Monday.  I have not moved into my apartment yet and currently staying in a temp apartment for the next few days.  When I am officially moved in and settled, there will be pictures.  


Until next time...

No comments: