Friday, January 23, 2009

It is not a death wish rather a moment to live...


I was thinking about this, this morning while I am getting ready. The first thing that came to my mind is how much I wish Grand Rapids. Do not get me wrong- my heart will always be in Warren (where I was born and raised) but I have made my own home with my own memories in Grand Rapids. I live being in downtown Grand Rapids, seeing individuals walking around and protesting about SOMETHING. There is a GREAT liberal vibe on the West Side, I miss it!!



But more importantly, I was thinking about the Peace Corp Today (which is something that I think about 95.5 percent of the time). But today I was thinking how everything is my last before I leave, like I am never going to come back again. It almost seems in my head that I need to get EVERYTHING done in the last month because it will not be here when I get or I will just miss it so much. I continue to tell my self that everything should still be here when I get back and really what is one MORE time at National Coney Island or the Coffee Shop because it is not like I have not been there hundreds of times in my life. I have- the memories are there and the fun has just begun. This last month is about being with PEOPLE, my nearest and dearest!! Doing silly things, shopping too much, going out to dinner too much and laughing until I cry. Those are the moments I need right now. It is a time to live- take everything from home in so I can carry those crazy memories with me when I am away. For the next month- I am not going to run around like a chicken with my head cut off, or get made about silly things- but rather enjoy people around me and enjoy the moment.



The Peace Corp for me is the first moment of my ALMOST 23 years of living to actually enjoy what the world has to offer. It is an adventure that I have complete control of. It is my duty to make the most out of each day while I am in Dominica! I love to be in control and this is a time where I am in complete Control!!

No comments: