Friday, February 20, 2009

It is Getting Close...

Hey Everyone!

It sure has been a long minute since I have written in here. I am going to keep it short and brief just the new basics today. I cannot believe that I am leaving in about 3 days-- It is SIMPLY CRAZY!! I have some many emotions going through me right now one being EXCITMENT! I cannot wait to meet all of the volunteers with me in person and get a better feel of what I will be doing well I am in the Peace Corp. This blog will be the BEST way to see how I am doing but I would love little personal e-mails, facebook comments, and random mail as possible so there is still a sense of home when I am so fair away! Ladies and gentelman here are the details:

I am leaving for the Peace Corps on Monday, Feb 23rd.
  • Where I will do a half day training in Miami
  • Then spend a week in St. Lucia doing more training
  • Then spend 6 weeks in Dominica with a host family doing MORE training
  • Then I will move into my own "Apt" and start my volunteer work!
As far as sending personal email please use Garavami14@gmail.com


Well I am there I will be working with at risk youth.
  • Promotion of healthy lifestyles
  • Employment skills in schools
  • Assistance to teachers where needed
  • Development of after-school programs
  • Service learning camps
  • Development of youth leadership
  • Brother/big sister programs
  • Personal responsibility promotion programs
  • Outreach for out-of-school youth.

Peace and Love

No comments: