Well.. Christmas is 12 Days Away! For me it is really crazy to think because what normal reminds me of Christmas does not happen on the island! There is no running around to get last minutes gifts, fighting the snow storm roads, salt marks on the jeans, and wearing layer after layer of clothing to stay warm as you run in and out of the stores. For me there is no Fleece Fabric laying on the living room floor with dad keeping time to see how fast it will take Mom and I to finish the blanket, or stockings hanging by the window, there are no sweet candies in the jar on the desk, or a whole lot of extra stuff that was once in the living room and is now in my room! :o) There is not a little man running around, a crib in the family room, and toys everyone!
Rather, there is sunshine and rain! A little Christmas Tree that now has a taste of home to it, a Santa Hat from a Dear Friend, and a Christmas Lighting Ceremony! A few of you have called me out on being homesick right now! Honestly, I am a little, if I could just come home for Christmas and then come to my Dominica I would! I cannot stay too long because I have work that needs to be done here. Also, I have a Christmas to Celebrate in Dominica! As I struggle to find reminders it is Holiday Time I do things that I would do in the States with a little Holiday Twist!My Christmas Day Plans are still up in the Arm but all I know is that I will be surrounded around ones that care and adore me!
No comments:
Post a Comment