What better way to Celebrate Christmas then MAKING COOKIES!! So... for about a week now we (the PC girls) have been trying to figure out a time that works for all to make cookies together! It has been a struggle but on Friday I ran into Alicia (PCV) and we decided we were going to make cookies!
We made two different kind- "Magically Surprise Cookies" and "Swedish Spritz Cookies" with a little Dominica twist because we did not have a cookie press so we just made them into circles and decorated them with some sugars and sprinkles! (THANK YOU MOM the decorations can in GREAT handy)!
We made the Spritz cookies first and when a recipe is for 5 dozen you know there are going to be good! So we doubled the recipe so Alicia could give them out to her neighbors and co-workers for presents. As we were making these cookies and I was tasting the dough, I thought to myself these taste very familiar but I have never made them. I took a look at the recipe ONE last time and it said butter, sugar, egg, flour, almond! I thought to myself that sounds really familiar what cookie could that be.... Any Guess?!?! It is the 'S' cookies we make! We made them a little different and the dough was a little more 'doughee' but there were still a little taste of home!
- The Taste Testers -
The Santa Hat you see me wearing! I did not bring that from home but rather my dear friend Alicia gave it to me for Christmas! Naturally there is a story behind this random but amazing gift! My BESTEST Beth from back at home made me a calender with pictures in it for Christmas. The picture she decided to use for December is the below picture. So every year (I mean EVERY year), our lovely Mother makes us wear these hats when we open our Christmas Presents! Jennifer and I are not always a fan but we understand it means the world to Mom and she means the world to us so we just do it. The two newest additions to the family (Andrew and Austin) even got one too! I was telling Alicia about it and it made her laugh out loud, so on Friday she came in with a gift for me and it was the Santa hat so I could have a little piece of home with me!
1 comment:
oh how nice of Alicia!! When I first seen the pix with you wearing the hat my first thought was Ha, where did she get the Santa hat?? I would not dare part with your official one from home so it must be an imposter. heheheh!!!! The cookies look YUMMY!!!!!
Post a Comment