I was struggling trying to find the perfect, intriguing, delightful title and I just cannot think of one! It is more about the story and not the title, this story warms my heart more then another story I have written about. This caused tears of Joy and a panic to make a phone call in the middle of a conversation. Before I tell you what happened tonight, I must give you a little back story!
I met this 14 year old girl about 6 months ago, in a place where no 14 year old should be. Looking at her I saw her innocents but also her strength and adulthood she had gain through the situation she had been living. In my eyes, she was still a child, should be a school and hanging out with her girls. But instead, she was dealing with consequences, about to delivery a baby in a few months and about to enter motherhood before she finished secondary school.
The next time I saw this lovely lady, we randomly meet on a bench by my favorite Juice Man, a bench I pass 4-5 times a week but forever I will look at the bunch differently. I was going to a meeting but was already late so I decided to have a seat and chat with this young lady.
We were talking about schooling and her baby boy. I asked how he was, who was taking care of him, etc. She said an Aunt, but welfare would be taking him soon because herself or her Aunt could not provide. Then she looks at me, pure and honest, ask “Do you have any children?” I told her no, but of course I told her about Austin, my nephew. Then she looks again at me, with that same face of honesty and desperateness, she ask, “Do you want one?” I told her how it is neither the right time nor the place for me to have a child. That day I went on my way, hoping and praying that her and her child were safe.
Then, maybe a month after that, I see her once again. She is looking good and happy. I ask her about her son, she says he being fostered by a family but does not know any details. She said how she is signing up for alterative school next school (once a girl gets pregnant it is very hard for her to go back to normal secondary school even after the baby is born). She seemed to be doing well!
A respected individual of my village was just recently speaking of his child, I did not realize he had a child. I was very confused by the whole situation. This individual is just recently married and his wife is lovely.
Tonight I was asking about his wife because I did not see her and I had something for her. As I was asking, a friend of mine mentioned, she must be home with the baby. That opened the opportunity for me to ask questions about the mystery baby. With a little digging, I found out they are fostering a baby boy, from a young mother, from a village close to town. I asked a few morning questions and the light bulb was bright and shining as I ran to make a phone call to my bestest in the PC.
Yes, Ladies and Gentleman, the little baby boy, this respected family has, is the son of the woman I met about 6 months ago and wanted to make sure her son got to a safe home until she could care for him herself. Tears of joys were basically running down my race, as I was worried this baby boy would just be another baby in the welfare department but he is not. He is part of a loving and nurturing family, he will be well taken cared of, living in a house filled with laughter and joy.
It all came full circle. This young lady, who so honestly asked me to care for her children, can now rest at night knowing her baby boy is the best hands possible!
2 comments:
What a heart warming story!!!
ditto!
Post a Comment