Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!



I can say this honestly and proudly! I am where I am today because of the women in my life. I only have one biological amazing mother in my life but I have hundreds of strong women that has given me the strength and the support to follow my dreams today. I am where I am today, yes because of my own choices but also because I grew up, idealizing my sister who was a 'If a Man can do I can do' kind of lady. She was (and still is) reaching for every last goal, achieving new greatest, and having endless successes!

My mother raised me to follow my heart and anything is possible. To do what I loved and put love into everything I do. She so patiently (and still does) deal with my anxiety about life, tells me how "It will ALL be OK" and offers me unconditional love and support. My mother is the most selfless individual I know. She is always putting others before herself. I know how hard this journey I am is for my mother, and how it must break her heart when she has to go shopping by herself, watch other Mothers and Daughters eat at restaurants we use to or when she has to giggle a lone. But because she loves me so, she has left me go knowing I will come back, knowing I am not that far, and knowing I am doing what makes me happy!


To ALL the women in my life that have left imprints on my heart, I say to you Thank You! Today is your day, enjoy yourself and do what makes you happy!

1 comment:

gjmj4 said...

Oh, what a beautiful Mother's Day blog. Having you as my daughter makes being a "super Mom" so much easier. Thank you for all the wonderful words of gratitude. Gotta go wipe my tears now!!! Love and Miss you lots, Mom xoxoxo