Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Crafts!



It is hard to believe but Christmas is truly right around the corner! I even have some lights up in my kitchen but REFUSE to put up my Christmas Tree until AFTER Thanksgiving! I am organizing a Christmas Arts Camp with the Library again this year and have been getting in the Christmas season because of it!

Last weekend, I was sitting in spare bedroom amongst all of my crafts and was just in awe! As I was trying to find craft ideas I was thinking how I would NEVER again take a craft store for gratitude, but while I was getting my supplies together, all I could think of is how I am sitting in the middle of a craft store. I even called my Mom that morning because I had to share my joy with someone! Never in a million years would I think to myself, “I need 15 pairs of scissors” and pull out all of those pairs, I am use to working with 4 for a group of 20+. The same with glue, crayons, pencils, and construction paper, all hot items in the craft world! I have and can use all of these items because of all of you! All of you for loving on my students and your generous hearts!

I am leaving in 5 months, it is as simple as that and these students will no longer have all of the lovely American crafts I can supply or an endless supply of new pencils. Just because I am leaving does not change how generous your hearts are. I urge all of you to find a school and ‘adopt’ it! Children in the states need endless supply of pencils, erasers, and sharpeners. The students need scissors and construction paper just like my students! I thank you for allowing me to be your giving outlet and pray that you will continue to give and make children smile as you have been for the past two years!

No comments: