For a while now, this blog has been going through my head, deciding if I wanted to post it or not and deciding where the post was really going. Anyways, I may go on a little tangent, it may not make sense, and it may end suddenly but here are my thoughts!
People come and go in ones live all of the time, I am not speaking of people going because they die or babies being brought into this world, rather I am speaking about the individuals you meet on a daily basic, once strangers and now best friends. Some of the individuals may be negative in ones life while others have a positive influence and they seem to come into ones life when they need them the most!
So let me tell, the PCVs came into my life when I most needed them! When I felt most confused about the world around me and where I fit in. Alicia came into my life when I needed her the most! When I met in her Miami (the first volunteer I met) I did not realize we would share many moments of chatting on a bench, eating a meal together, and commenting/calming each other nervous stomachs. I did not realize at the time that she would tell me many moments, "You don't have to explain" because she just understood! Then there is Austin, the sole man of our group who Alicia and I met together in Miami! At the moment of meeting Austin, did I realize he would be a comfort in his man hugs, a sense of relief with his humor, a wise soul I would go to on many occasions! These two individuals will ALWAYS carry a very special place in my heart!
Then there are the hikers they came through when I was in a slump of life! There energy and love for Dominica light my fire once one! If I did not happen to be in the alley by the grocery store and Zak not recognize me at that very moment, my batteries would not of been recharged by their passion for life and free spirit!
Then there are the random students that bring the biggest smile or laughter to my soul or the random men on the street that says something so off the wall the only reaction I have is to smile!
I cannot forget about the ladies and gentleman that have come into my life as friends or boyfriends that have broke my heart just for me to put it together stronger! For those were not wasted relationships but ones I have learned the most!
At the end of the day, people come into your life for one reason or another! Embrace them as you would embrace your best friend for one never knows the impact they may have on your life!
1 comment:
Great Post and very well put!!!!
Post a Comment