The fiscal year of 2010 is International Year of the Youth (IYY) and Dominica had an amazing opening ceremony last week! As I walked into the venue (just on time and about 30 seconds before the president arrived!), I was pleasantly surprised to see it filled to the max and I happen to get a seat towards the front! The ceremony was filled with many young people performing songs, poems and a play! In addition, many of the ministers delivered speeches to encourage and motivate the youth!
For the remaining of the fiscal year (until August 2011), my agency and the Youth Division will focus on promoting the youth! There will also focus on mobilizing the youth groups in the different districts, my agency will hold their annual Youth Awards, and the year will end with a large Youth Festival that I will just have to hear about via e-mail!
Overall, it was an excellent way to keep off IYY and get individuals and the country excited about YOUTH!
No comments:
Post a Comment