Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reasons



About a month ago now, I was talking with a Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) who is serving in St. Lucia but we trained together.  We were chatting about what I was going to do next, what kind of work I was looking for, where I was going to live, and the list continues.  At that time, I did not have any solid answers to any of those questions.  Like everything else in my life, things seem to work out int the best way possible with perfecting timing.  I have found if I work hard and put myself out there, opportunities present themselves.  My hope is the same thing will happen with my career. 


Anyways, as I was towing back and forth about what I was envisioning for 2013, questions of why I wanted to be a Social Worker, why I was looking at the areas I was looking at, and what areas of Social Worker I was looking into were being brought up. At the end of it, the reasons for the above questions have to do with love and passion.  After expressing myself, the PCRV offered me advice that I will carry close to my heart whenever I have decisions to make.  He simply told me, "I do not see what better reason to do anything in life than for love!" I sat back and reflected on the statement and realized I need to relax and follow my heart with this transitional stage I am beginning to enter.  My heart and soul have been the captains of the life I have lived thus far. In my short 26 years of life, I have been presented with some life forming opportunities. 

What if we all lived in a world where we did things because of love.  Love for a purpose, love for a person, love for a motive, love for an area, or love for your career.   What if we trusted our hearts more and the hearts of others when we were making decisions,  what an amazing world that would be! A world filled with individuals who were passioniate and in love with the careers and the lives they had.  I am not saying the world would be  with out hate or hardship but it would be filled with individuals who were truly in happy places in their lives and wanted to be exactly where they are. 

No comments: