Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hiking Through the Bush!

On top of the Water Fall

I hiked through bush with Judy! Judy is a 60+ year old volunteer who has more vest for life then my 4 year old nephew.  She is an amazing woman and moves at lightening pace. We went to three different locations in about three hours.  We went from her village to the top of the Wavine Crique waterfall, to the bottom of Wavine Crique, through to bush to secret beach! There were times I was a little nervous as I was using rocks, trees, and my walking stick to get up the side of a dirt hill.  The views and the sights were truly worth it!

Using Ropes, Roots, and Tress to climb down
One of the reason I went to Dominica, was to be reminded of the nature island and the peace being in the nature can cause on my soul!

WE REACHED
I got back to town from Judy’s around mid-afternoon! After a short nap and a shower I made my way to town where I picked up some of my favorite Dominican items. Then I was off to Creole in the Park where I was greeted by hugs, familiar faces, and stories of my service. 

Creole in the Park
Creole in the Park takes place the Monday-Thursday before the large Creole Music Festival which happens on the weekend.  The two events take place right before Dominican's Independence which is 1st of November.  Creole in the Park has more local artist with about two artist not from Dominica.  Creole Music Festival brings down bigger artist and has a greater french influence. 

No comments: