Tuesday, November 13, 2012

WATER DAY!





Monday was my water day! I went snorkeling at Champagne Reef.  They call it Champagne Reef because as you are snorkeling you will see bubbles coming up from the rocks.  Those bubbles are created because of the volcanic nature of the island.  Also, I got a HUGE treat while snorkeling! I was able to see a 2 year old turtle just hanging out.  I was talking to someone about it and they told me that the turtle was born/raised around people so it is not fearful of humans.  It was intense to see all of the different brightly colored fish, coral reef, and schools of fish just hanging out.








After snorkeling at Champagne Reef, I went to my favorite dive shoppe to visit the owners.  While serving in Dominica I spent many hours on their dock.  The hours were spent reflecting, taking in the sunshine, listening to the waves, naps, and a few times

 tears were shed.  I find great peace and comfort on that dock.

After some dock laying, I was off to the country side to visit Judy, a Peace Corps Volunteer who will be ending her service but still calling Dominica home! Her whole village knows her and it was nice to sit have dinner and catch up with her

No comments: