 |
| View of Scott's Head |
I
landed in Dominica and hit the ground running (literally!). I landed in the AM, changed my cloths and I
was off to Hike. Dominica has a National
Trail that runs through the whole island and is broken up in 13 or 14 different
Segments.
 |
| The Yellow and Blue Strips Guided Me Along the Trail |
I did the Segment #1, which is
in the south of the island. While hiking
by myself, I was able to take in the moments, clear my head, and sort out what my goals are for 2013. During the hike I
realized how terrified I am of snakes. I
blame it on my childhood neighbor boys (who I love dearly) who chanced me
around the neighborhood with a garden snakes in their hand. Anyways, two small/thin snakes crossed the
trail and I went running and screaming like they were attacking me! Anyways, it
is one of my favorite hikes and has a beautiful view of Scott’s
Head once you reach the top!
 |
| The View from the Top with Scott's Head in the Background |
That
evening I was able to go up to my village and see everyone. It was just great to see everyone and hang
out at the same spot I spent many nights as a volunteer. Also, I was able to catch up with neighbor
who is sweet as pie and I miss dearly!
No comments:
Post a Comment