Sunday, September 27, 2009

Should of Been in My Living Room..

September 24, 2009

Disclaimer: This Blog Entry Like ALL Others Reflect My Opinion and Thoughts NOT The Opinion or Thoughts of the United States Peace of America Corps. In Addition, These Are Mere Facts and I Am Not Taking a Political Stand In Anyway.

My normal extremely quiet village is a live tonight. It is not a live with music or chatter from the shoppe by my house or from a numerous cars passing by. Rather my little quiet calm village is a live because it is Political Season in Dominica. The elections in Dominica will be held sometime next year. Unlike the United States of America, where we have a specific day for Election, in Dominica the Prime Minister can pick any day to have Election after five years of him being in term. Rumor on the street is that the Prime Minister will call election sometime next year.

There is three main political groups in Dominica; Labor (They wear the color Red), Freedom (They wear the color Green), and Workers Union (They wear the color Blue). When planning events one must be careful not to decorate, send out invitations, make posters, etc. if any of the above colors because it shows support for that specific political party. Labor and Workers Union are the most popular and strongest political party.

Tonight, the Freedom party has become part of my village. They started speaking at around 7:00PM. They are now, even though it feels like they are in my living room, the political leaders are at the Shoppe outside my house with their microphone and large speaker, listening to themselves talk. There is less then 20 people attending the meeting because all of the local surrounding individuals can listen to the men talk from their living rooms in the PJs.

I am girl that runs when it comes to politic. Tonight, I am stuck, in my apartment, listening to the Freedom individuals talk about Dominica, agriculture, and education. It is now 10 minutes to 10 O’clock, for the children who are trying to rest before school tomorrow I hope they stop soon. It is too hot to shut the windows and I do not think it would help anyways. Again… I hope it stops soon.

It is 10:30PM and it has STOPPED!

No comments: