Thursday, October 1, 2009

Honesty

I learned if someone is looking to hear the honest truth about life they should just speak to a five year old, because you will hear it.

While I was walking through town yesterday I ran into one of my little ones who lived in my village. She is from Haiti (where they speak French) and is still working on her English but is VERY good! As I sit with her sweet soul, she looks at me and says “How is your day going?” I just adore her little voice. As we are chatting she continues to fix my hair as it flies away. Making comments of how my hair is flying everywhere and her hair is not! But what she does not realize, my hair will always ‘fly away’ when the humidity is like 100+. As we were there, she points every fault I have, commenting and pointing out each ‘button’ (pimple) on my face, the sweat that is running down my face, the freckles on my air and to top it off, she messed with my outfit! :o) What I always LOVE is when the little ones comment about my nose. She was no different, asking numerous questions, touching my nose all of that good stuff. Simply amazed how long my nose is! Whenever she would ask, why something was different then her, I would simple say “Because God made me that way!”

Was I offended, NEVER! Her honesty made my day and made me smile from ear to ear! She is such a joy in my life!

Here is a picture of her sweet face!

No comments: