
That is a picture of Scott's Head, the southern most part of the island. It is always where the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean Meet. To the right is the Atlantic and the left is Caribbean.
I may have already talked about this but it is that near and dear to me, I am going to talk about it again! There are many moments that I experience daily that I wish everyone in the world could have that very same moment. I can tell you about them, show pictures, but it is not the same, the feeling is not there, the touch, the vibe, the situation.
Moments of having to hold onto the wall because I am about to fall over as the children run to simply embraces me! I am never quiet prepared for that moment and I am sad for the day it will stop! I hope it never does! It always takes them a moment before they come running. It is like; their little minds think “Is that really Miss standing in the door, YES it is… ATTACK!!” They greet me every Monday and Thursday like they are my long lost best friend I have not seen in years! Pure Joy… Pure Love!
Other Moments as I am walking through town and my island mom will YELL out her car window “Like Your Hair Michelle” or ‘Your Trendy!” So Honest and So True! Man Am I lucky to have her in my life. Today while I was meeting with the individual in charge of the PCVs on island, he was with my island mom last night and he simply said, “Man she (My island mom) Loves you!”
There are always Moments of Rainbows, Shooting Stars, and Blankets of Stars every night. I hope these moments never lose their effect, their awe, their ability to warm my heart!
1 comment:
What a beautiful view!! I am so happy your "home away from home" is filled with so much love!!! It lets me sleep so well at night knowing you are in such good hands and your island "mom" is doing such a good job showing her love for you. Love you lots, Mom xoxox
Post a Comment