-A Beach in S. Lucia-
It is good to back in DA! Where it is ALWAYS raining... the mountains fill the sky... people know me by name... and I feel at home!
This is a 'Journal Entry' I wrote while in the Airport of St. Lucia coming back home!
I find myself sitting here- crossed legged in a comfy lever couch at the Airport in a Coffee House. As I am sitting her it is makes me miss the coffee houses back at home where the vibe is rich- the coffee is strong and the conversation is hot. I am sitting in Rituals which is the Caribbean 'Starbucks' (Black and Green) where is the coffee is over priced, the crowd is stiff and the drinks are weak. Around me are couples… new and old… conversing about travel times as they make their way home to the States- Jealous? Nah... I am going back to my Dominica where the sun is bright... the vibe is alive… and the food has soul behind it. After a great work vacation I am ready to go back to see my little... visit the shop... and catch up!
- Peace Corps Re-United-
Anyways... I spent one week in St. Lucia- 3 days on Vacation... 2 Days of Meetings… and 2 Days of Travel. At the moment I am running on two hours of sleep and hoping I make it through security with my bag that I should have checked in! (I made it through with no problems!)
When I arrived in St. Lucia... I directly headed to the beach that borders the airport. I sat there drinking my Lime and Passion Fruit Juice. I was lucky enough to have a PCV and her friend pick me up and take me to lunch. It was great to be greeted by a familiar face and to eat pesto pasta! I walk around the capital... making friends… looking at shoes... St. Lucia is a lot more developed and tourist centered then DA. I will not bore you will all of the details but rather my three days went something like this: days of endless chic chat- lazy days on the beach- THREE days with NO water- FIRST bucket bathe- sand volleyball- HOMEMADE corndogs- fish fries- and visits by children!
- The View of The Dominican Stadium from the Airplane -
After an amazing three days it was time for the VAC meeting. It was great to catch-up with the VACs of the other islands! In a nutshell the meeting was extremely productive and lots of topics discussed… problems solved... and laughter exchanged!
The weekend ended with friends getting together- stories exchanged- and Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment