Monday, November 23, 2009

Turkey!

Yes... You are all correct I am about to write a whole blog about Turkey!!

As you all know, Thursday is Thanksgiving, one of my favorite Holidays and a Holiday Dominica does not celebrate understandable. The Peace Corps and a few neighbors have decided to Celebrate Thanksgiving with a little Dominican twist to it all! Yes we will have the normals such as, Turkey, Mash Potatoes, Yams, Pumpkin Pie, Rolls, Green Bean Casserole. But we will also have some special treats such as Mac and Cheese, local juices and Fruit Cake!

Another PCV, Alicia and I are in charge of the Turkey. Man has it taken over our lives! There is only one place in town who sells turkey large enough for the amount of people we are serving. I go over to the place to my check out the scene of the Turkey and what not. As I get there I am at basically a MEAT MARKET! There is just frozen meat everywhere... WAY out of my eliminate! As I have asked numerous times for a Turkey someone finally pulls out a Turkey... but not any Turkey rather a BUTTERBALL! :o) HaHa! I call Alicia as I am leaving the store before I say 'Hello, How are you' and what not... All I say is 'LET'S TALK TURKEYS!' That is when our worlds started to reveal around this Turkey!

After many chats with Alicia's Mother.... many debatable text message back and forth from myself and Alicia we have decided to get the Turkey on Thursday. Do a natural fridge defrost and if need then we will do a rapid defrost. All of this Thanksgiving and Turkey talking makes me smile and laugh out loud! For all of the PCVs have never really planned a Thanksgiving Dinner before but it will ALL come together in true Thanksgiving with a little Dominican Twist Fashion! :o)

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL!!!

1 comment:

gjmj4 said...

how are you possibly going to buy a frozen turkey on Thursday expecting to eat it THIS Thanksgiving!!! You should not RAPID defrost a turkey, you may regret it. heheheh!!! Defrosting a turkey is a multiple day process. Good Luck !!