Thursday, November 19, 2009

Normalacy!




Inspired by reading a Blog from another PCV in St. Lucia I am going to go on a little ramble about "Normal!"

I have always had a struggle of defining what Normal truly is and now in my life I cannot even begin to try to express what normal is. As I am sitting her listening to DMB on my lap top in my basketball shorts and t-shirt drinking some tea life seem remotely Normal. Until I look alittle closer. It is currently DOWN POURING outside... I know my bathroom will have a puddle in it because the ceiling is linking... the cloths that I washed in the rain are hanging on the line OUTSIDE (I hope they do not blow away or get even more wet!)... I converse with my parents via computer screen... I have not heared the sound of my BEST Friend voice in over 7 months and I killed a MASSIVE moth without even blinking an eye. Normal... Yes! I relay on someone else to get me to work, town, grocery shopping, and anything else I need that I can walk to. My life is not complete without hearing little voices yelling "Miss Miss"... hugs and little ones playing with my hair. Everyone seems to be extremely interested in my life even though it is not that interesting!

And then there comes to the simple task of life that become a lot more difficult. The task of sweeping the office I work in at 8:30AM in the morning leaves me Dripping in Sweat. The simple task of going to Town could turn into an hour bus ride!

I am not complaining.... It may sound like it but honestly I am not, simply describing the life I live here. The thing is, I have almost forgotten the 'simple/convenient' life I had in Michigan! I enjoy the moments that are not as 'simple' as I am use to because during the moments of waiting amazingness always happens... I have become a lot more relaxed and I do not have as many nervous tummy days! Life truly is good!!

No comments: