Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Fun!



Well a few days ago marked me starting the 24th year of my life. I do have to say the 23rd year was pretty amazing! I have had more adventures, more lesson learned, more experiences, and more personal growth in the last year then I have had in a life town. It was marked with moving into my own place, living by myself for the first time, living on an island that I was still trying to figure (to this day I am still trying to figure it out), starting a new job, and basically starting a new life for the next two years of my life.

If you would have asked me a year ago what I thought my past year was going to be like, in a million years I could not of every image the marvelous life I have lived. I would of never imagine that 7 strangers from 4 different states, with 7 unique personalities, would be become my family, the individuals that understood the full me, the ones I call when I want to quiet, and the ones I call to celebrate with me. These individuals will ALWAYS have a special and exceptional place in my heart. Nobody else will FULLY understand what we went through, the lifestyle we lived for the past two years.

You know, it feels goods to be 24 years. I feel wiser, I feel personally stronger, I know I have a better understand of who Michelle Nicole is! It is empowering and an up lifting experience for me. With the year I just had, I cannot wait to see what the next 360ish days have in store for me. Only God knows and I am excited to see the spectacular journey he is about to take me.

The actually Birthday, My Birthday was on a Thursday. Thursday are usually my favorite days but with school no in session they are not as exciting but because it was April 8th, the excitement grew. My self and Austin (PCV) did a presentation with the trainees about their budget and money and all of that good stuff. Then it was off to work for a little while. After work, I met back up with Austin to eat lunch and chat for a while. Once lunch was over, Alicia (PCV) met us in town to go and hang out until it was time to catch our buses back to ours homes. I was very excited to reach home knowing that I would be talking to my bestest that night! She is fantastic and I do not call her enough, she just brings so much joy to my life and makes my heart smile!



Friday! Five of the Seven PCVs (One is out of State and the other is with her Family!) all met up to hang out at the Beach all day long! It was great to take a Sun Bathe, Play in the Sea and just be surrounded around all of these amazing individuals. It was relaxing, it was fun, it was exactly what the doctor order to rejuvenate the spirit! Then once we came back to town, Austin’s landlord met us there and we hung out with some of the trainees that were still in town. Then it was time to head to my house for MEXICAN night! Again, it is something so easy to make but none of us eat it enough! Three other friends came up for dinner as well, I had just enough seating and plates! HaHa! Again, it was great to eat really good food, Beth and Alicia cook it all so I could chat with the company, and again just be surrounded around all of these individuals who cared about me and wanted to celebrate with me! It was a low key night filled with laughter, debate, and good conversation! A night I will not forget, a night that will always remind close to my heart as one of the best birthdays I have had! Yes, I missed my family and my friends back at home but Friday was filled with my ‘another’ family, my family who is on this journey with me!

1 comment:

gjmj4 said...

So glad your "Day after" birthday celebration was an enjoyable one!!!! Love and miss you lots, mom xoxoxo