Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day Three!

Today was a GREAT day at the Library Arts and Craft Camp! We made preparations for Thursday, the BIG Easter Party Day! The day before I thought I was going to have my team of help back, but a last minute Peace Corps Training Assignment was placed on them so they had to work on it! But again to my surprise after returning from the other side of the Library, the Librarian said, ‘Your Friend is here!’ Boy, I was excited!



This day we made ‘baskets’ out of empty tin veggie containers for our hard boil eggs we were going to make the next day! I found a really simply way to make Bunny Face (Fold the paper in half, draw a ‘Capital B’ on it using the folded edge as your straight line, and then cute out the humps of the B!) Understand? I used that design again to make the face of the bunny from the students to decorate and then glue it onto the tin. Thank You Sara for the Colorful Paper that was used as the bunny’s face!




Like I said, to the students EVERY bunny has tail (even though one of the students said, No Miss, not every bunny has a tail because you can cut it off!), we glued on a cotton ball on the back of the tin! Just like we had a perfect ‘basket’ for the eggs they would decorate the next day! Thanks to some reinforcements of a good friend of mine, I got some shredded paper to use as “Easter Grass!”




After that craft was done, than it was time to decorate some paper bags, because we MUST have something to put the lovely plastic Easter Eggs we find tomorrow in! It was simple, each students got a bag and some stickers (Thank You again Joel and Sara!), to freely decorate! Before I knew it, it was time to go home and prepare for the next day of fun!

No comments: