That is neither here nor there! About twice a month, the group has a BBQ on the site! When I was going today, I thought, it is dark, there are children, let me bring the glow sticks that Dad got for me/the children! So I had about 10 that were not set aside for other projects (Easter Egg Hunt and Big Readers/Little Listeners!) I gave one to one of the little girls, then her friend and before I knew it, their entire little wrist was glowing! The little ones have seen glow sticks before, but similar to in the states it is not something a child has often but rather on a special day and today was that special day!
THANK YOU DAD FOR HELPING ME GIVE THESE GIRLS A SPECIAL DAY WITH THERE SPECIAL BRACELET!
The pictures are of my favorite little one who ALWAYS keep me company at the BBQ, all of our glow sticks wrist, and one of the teens being goofy with a sweet she was eating. It was a gummy treat that was lips with a tongue sticking out!
Side note to the story: When I went to church today, I saw one of the little girls and she was still wearing her bracelet! How precious is that!
No comments:
Post a Comment