This Christmas time I was very busy with many activities which really made it feel like Christmas time this year, more than last. The finally Christmas activity I did was put on a four day, two hour Christmas Arts and Craft camp through the Roseau Public Library.
We had about 20 to 25 students there ranging from five to fifteen. Just a few days before the camp I received an amazing package from Grandma, My Mom, Jennifer, and Courtney that was basically a life saver! It had cute Christmas crafts in them, glitter, and treats for the students at the end of camp. We made Christmas ornaments, angels, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, snowmen, and many more.
My favorite was the last of course because we always have a party! This year, we did a craft in the first half and during the second half of camp we decorated Christmas Cookies and I was able to be Santa’s little helper filling up their homemade paper bag Christmas Stockings with all of the goodies from my family and Courtney! It was such a joy for me to watch the students decorate their Christmas cookies with frosting, colored sugars, chocolate chips and snowflake sprinkles. During decorating, I was working with the five to eight year old children and I had asked them if they had decorated cookies before and only two little hands of the ten rose! It was pure and simply joy to see them eat their creations and the fun they had covering their cookies as high as possible with sugar!
I also joke that when I have children all of the bad karma of sending children from my camps home with a sugar rush will get me tenfold with my children.
Another camp, another success!
1 comment:
I can see in their faces how much they enjoyed all the crafts and especially decorating cookies. How fun to see that something so simple can still make children smile!!
Post a Comment