About two months before Christmas I received an e-mail from Alicia were she forwarded me an e-mail from her friend back in the States asking if I was willing to help. Of course I cannot say No to a friend asking for help!
It was an e-mail asking for 100 local and homemade crosses for Alicia’s church in the States. They do a Good Friday activity for the children and at the end they like to send them home with a cross. Alicia asked me because you knew I had the student power and the creativity mind set. I have to admit 100 crosses overwhelmed me slightly but I love a good challenge.
After speaking with Mary (A PCV) we decided we would use a part of the coconut branches to make the crosses and than local madgros (the National Fabric) to get the cross together.
With the amazing older students and a little touch of my love by me and Alicia after the students finished we were able to make 100 plus crosses within the first half of the day.
In exchange for the cross, Holy Trinity Church of New Jersey has donated $150USD for the purchasing of books for the Library!
No comments:
Post a Comment