For the three months prior to Christmas I was on a committee to help plan a Christmas Parade, the first annual actually! We met weekly, did radio interviews, and made phone calls after calls trying to get the support of business houses. At the end of the day, it was a huge success for the first annual parade. We had about 10 different social groups march in the parade, seven business houses, three different Santas, and vendors selling their chicken, popcorn, and ice cream for the people who gathered in the football (soccer) field afternoon. My favorite part was a the end of the event they shot off fireworks!
There were many bumps in the events, corrections they will need to make next year but we have the general public of Dominica sensitized to the thought of a Business House Christmas Parade. I will be sad to miss it next year but greatly I was part of the event this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment