Sunday, August 12, 2012

Live Life

“Do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am — a reluctant enthusiast… a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
- E. Abbey

My friend Ali who is a always a response volunteer posted this on her blog! I had to share  because I find it extremely moving and simply.  I am in the helping field and will always be in the helping field.  I have struggled with the above greatly in my past and now attempt to make a strong effort to enjoy the world around me. There are many social traits Antigua has that do not fit my personal belief system.  Even with that unbalance I am still able to enjoy the beautiful views, the sweet children, the freshness of life, and the company I meet.  We are all working and fighting for a cause, personal or social.  Let us not forget what is around us, lets us not lose ourselves while we are going through the journey of life. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.