Monday, August 20, 2012

Sweet Moments

I was at the Doctor's office waiting to meet someone in regards to my worksite.  As I was waiting a Mom went in to see her doctor and left her 3 year old to wait in the waiting room for her.  This is very common, generally speaking Antiguans have a mindset of "A village raises a child."  Even without Mom being there, he was safe and Mom would found out if he mis-behaviored while she was gone.

Anyways, he was just sitting there with a worried look on his face.  I had my kindle with me and invited him to play UNO with me.  It was just the sweetest thing as we were playing, learning colors and learning numbers.  I do not work with kiddos this time around and I truly do miss it and appreciate moments like this.  He was so proud of himself and told his Mom what he played the minute she came out of the doctors office. 

Today, I am grateful for sweet moments with sweet boys, having my waiting time pass quicker, and my love for UNO. 

No comments: