Friday, August 14, 2009

Sand in your toes...



On Wednesday, August 12, 2009, my newest friend (Annie) who is leaving me today (Friday, August 14, 2009), myself, another PCV (Alicia), and some of Annie's Friends all decided to go to the beach to watch the sunset for one of Annie's last day! Annie, is this amazing little lady who is spent the summer in Dominica. She is originally from England where she studies Sociology. Annie has this amazing laidback, free-spirit, carefree, but passionate vibe about her. It was just such a treat to be able to spend time on the beach watching the sunset into Sea on one of her last nights!



I am ashamed to admit this but I try to be as honest as I can. At moments I take for granted the beauty that surrounds me every second of every day. It is moments when you see it through the eyes of someone else, you then are reminded to look, to take in, and to observe. To walk through your day with your eyes wide open taking in everything and anything. Annie re-opened my eyes of the beauty on the island. After a little bus difficulty some walking and lot of laughs, we found ourselves at the beach, in the middle of a beauty sunset. That night, God was so good to us, and use every color when he painted the sky for us. It was Marvelous (to say the least), the sky that night (as you can see from the pictures). That scene will never get old and every time I witness such a breathtaking sunset, I am in owe once again of the how beautiful and peaceful nature can be. With my toes in the water, my eyes on the horizon, I took a breath and said "This is my home..."



Joys! (My mind is blanking on Wednesday)
1. The Sunset!
2. Hanging out with Annie and our friends
3. Getting all my work done and still having time to chat and jam to some music with a friend
4. There are these really good white and red sweeties (mints) that are a combo of "Wedding Mints" with the taste of the hard red and white mints- in a nutshell they are amazing and I cannot always find them but I found them today!
5. Starting the morning with some Cocoa Tea!
6. Seeing my cute Boo Bear and his cute as a button pictures
7. The rain holding off for the most part while we are at the Sea!
8. Safe travels and arrival by my Canadian Friend who went home on Tuesday or Wednesday morning (I forget- but she is home safe and that is all that matters)

1 comment:

gjmj4 said...

The sunset pictures are just BEAUTIFUL!!! love you lots and lots, MOM xoxox