Monday, August 30, 2010

Jump I Jumpin!



A common phrase in Dominica is: Walk I Walkin, Jump I Jumpin, Smile I Smilin etc! You get the picture!

Always, about a year ago I had met up with these guys through an old Peace Corps volunteer who are writing a book about Dominica. This travel book is different, it is written by old Peace Corps volunteers that served in the country and 'backpacking' type individuals. It gives a more a local feel for a traveler who is looking to travel local and not stay at a nice hotel, take tours, etc. Check out there website HERE

The guys are back for the month of August and I happened to run into them in town and was able to do three hikes with them! They are a blast! These guys have such joyful and open spirits. They go where the wind takes them and seizes every opportunity that comes their way. They never meet a stranger. They came into my life at a good time. August is always a little rough around the corners for me. My summer camp is July and I am crazy busy loving every moment of it and then August hits like a pile of bricks and I am not as busy as before!

With them around, to quote Coach Beth: "They lite a fire under my ass!" A fire of joy and appreciation from the amazing life I live!

Check my blog in a few days to see where I was jumpin....

No comments: