This will be my last 'Little Moment!' I have saved the best for last!
When I came home in June, my sister had given me a very interesting gift she had found! It was an apron, but not your ordinary rather, a HOT pink and polka dotted apron with two pockets and some ruffles! Let me tell you, it makes me smile! Also, this apron carries some fun powers! I am not a lover of cooking, I am more of a lover of baking but a girl does have to eat some real food! When I put this apron on, it just makes me love to cook! The apron plus some really good Caribbean Music, you will find me, singing, dancing, and chopping away in the kitchen! Cooking as become a joy for me! It is amazing what an individual can create when they have time, fresh produce, and a little fun with it!
It reminds me of a story I was reading a while back, from individuals who were incarnated in prison. She is a Jamaican who is living in New York. This quote rings true to me:
"... And hallelujah, God gave us noes and taste buds along with ears and feet. What would music be without the cooking and eating that went with it?... no mater what the recipe called for, the key ingredient was music. I'd sway to the beat as I stirred the pot or cup up vegetables. Cooking is hard work, but cooking to music eases your fatigue and makes you lost rack of time. Cook slowly and patiently for the best results, and let the beat of the music be the pulse of your soul"
1 comment:
oh yeah! you need a pic of it on this post! and you left out that I was garbage picking when i found it!!!
Post a Comment