
Many times in my life, I have to stop and think to myself, how did I get here. How have I been so blessed to have many unique and powerful moments in my life. At times I am truly in awe with the life I live. Sometimes it the view I am looking at, an individual I meet on the road who is THRILLED to see me, or a story I have been told. It makes me think "Life is good!"
This moment was no different. After, I stopped and thought, "what events landed me right here, right now, in this moment!" I do therapy with a very unique group of women. They are currently in the State Prison, there are only three of them and I have been working with them since January. For the month of August, all parties needed a little break from 'traditional' therapy. I was sick of talking and they have, had enough of the listening piece. So I decided, lets do Yoga! It is a way to calm the body, relieve stress, and find your center. I called on a lovely PCV to help me in this task, since I do not know Yoga and she is a Yoga instructor!
Afterward, as we were both cleaning up the mats, we just stopped, smiled and said "How did this opportunity found itself presented to me"
No comments:
Post a Comment