Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Beautiful Look EVERYWHERE You Look...

Well Everyone where do I begin!! It is crazy to think that in about 2 days I will have been gone for a MONTH!! That is simply crazy to me because it seems like yesterday when I was stressing out about fitting everything into my suite case- carrying my suitcase- and simply staring into Jenifer's room hoping it would pack itself. Nearly 6 months ago, I was sitting at my kitchen table getting the news I would not be leaving until February as the Plumber walks by. Now I am here- in Dominica getting my big toe wet and learning as I go. Look back it makes me smiles- understanding life happens in a specific order for a reason. It seems to all fall right into place like a the perfect jigsaw puzzle life is. There will be always be road blocks, things that YOU want to happen at a specific moment but happen at a later one. I am were I am suppose to be at the moment I am suppose to be there. It is a Magnificent feeling.

This might be a long one because I feel like there is a lot of updating to do. I have a fantastic weekend. Saturday was the baking and then I Sunday I got the opportunity to join a service learning group as they went to Church, a picnic, and the river to "Bathe". Let me break down "Batheing" in the river for you. Sometimes it does have to do with actually taking a shower if the river but for the most part it means simply hanging out in the river. How this river work is- there was rocks on both ends of where we were and a little deeper not so rocky part in the middle. The water was a little on the cold side- and no animals got me which made me happy. It was great to just spend the whole after noon with individuals my add hanging out and chic chatting. The weather treated us well for the most parts. It sprinkled just a little bit on and off some of the day but for the most part it was fine. Dominica is like that though- it will "spit" rain for a moment then stop and start again.

She was our little one that went with us to the River. Needless to say she was passed out about 5 minutes into the van ride.
I am now attached to a School. It is a fourth grade classroom right by my work site. It is GREAT. The children are between 8 and 10 and a simply delight to have around. One of the little boys said "You are Fun" after I got done facilitating a conversation about the GREATEST of TREES!! I get a hug from most of them as they leave and when they come in the morning. I ran into one of the girls in the store on Monday and her face simply light up when she saw me. I am glad for the School Attachment.

That is all I got...

Love and Miss ALL
M

No comments: