
Let me paint just a little picture...
Next to me is one of my Peace Corps volunteers Beth (Beth says "Just Chillin looking for Rhianna") also farting around on her Laptop- there is a Security Guard outside to my Left- and a Man wearing a Fanny pack that just walked by.
Well.. you guessed it I am at the Airport in Barbados waiting for my Flight to Dominica.
So... for those of you know I check Post Secrets every Sunday (I am not sure what I am going to do if I do not have a Internet and cannot check them out weekly. Two things I found out is- he is coming out with his fourth book (Christmas Idea :o) ) and the Postsecret above is amazing for the journey we are on. The answer to the questions is Yes- they do have tampons on the island.
Anyways- today is filled with emotions similar to most. There is happiness/excitement to meet my host family and finally get to my Island but their is also nervous and a sense of anxiety that comes a long with that. Then there is sadness as well. We were a close group of 23- that become about 16 and now it is 8. I am going to miss those individuals that I learned about- chatting with and a bond was formed. We will meet again in about 1 year to see the amazing things we have done in our communities. I know they will ALL do GREAT things in their islands!
All is well- simply enjoying the different languages I hear around me (none being English) and the Sunshine that wakes me up every morning.
I do not have a lot to update with you beside I will be living with host family for about 2 months and then I will be living on my own. As time goes on I will be able to update you on events going on and projects I will be partaking in. But for now- we are learning the ways of land and training like crazy!
I hope everyone is doing well! Miss all of you!
Love You
M
No comments:
Post a Comment