So I was reading another PCT (Peace Corps Trainee) blog, we are still Trainee until our training is over and they make it official at the end of April with a little Ceremony. While I was reading her Blog I was inspired. So I am also go to share similarly to how she shared:I have lived an amazing short 22 years of life (Almost 23) and touched many hearts a long the way, some I realized and some I did not. Most importantly people have touched my hearts in different ways, it could be the man on the street that makes a comment of how nice I look that day, A friend telling me how I am appreciated, or a client being "mad" at me when I inform her that I am leaving. All of the moments and a millions others have touched my heart.
This journey is about the community, children, and Dominica but this adventure is alsoabout ME. For the first time in a long time I am allowing this journey to be about my continuous personal growth as a Women. I am no longer a "Girl" but a Women that is going to spread her wings farther then she can image. Test her will, fall down at moments but pick HERSELF up, and find her true passions for life. During the Peace Corps I am hoping to find ME at the moment (knowing I will change).
I want to THANK YOU each and every one of you that needs this. More then likely you are someone that is near and dear to me (if you aren't a random) and have helped one way or another in personal growth. THANK YOU for the endless support you have shown me in your own special way because of that I am free to explore, grow as a Women, and see the World!!
It is go time now for ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment